River Day Trips
Do I need to wear a life jacket?
Life Jackets Save Lives – we strongly encourage all to wear a life jacket while boating and swimming from boats and at the river’s edge.
How should I prepare for my trip?
Before arriving, every one in your group should review and sign our river trip waivers to expedite the check-in process!
What does the price include?
Rates are per person and are based on the craft you choose. Per-person price includes the rental boat for the day, your paddles and life vests. You will also get FREE, one way transportation and a safety orientation. With any trip you choose, you have the boat all day! You must be back between 5-6 pm, so plan your day accordingly, arrive early and spend the entire day on the river!
If I have a reservation, what time should I get there?
Reservations are booked on the hour. We do our best to honor reservation times. In order to do so, we ask that you show up before your booked time to check-in, sign release forms, and use the facilities to get into your river gear. We will get you up river in a timely manner. On most weekends, you are reserving your boat, and a round-about time. We will be prepared to transport the amount of people we are expecting, although groups arrive at all different times.
Do I need a reservation for a day trip?
No you do not; we accept walk-ins, although not every trip listed is available on a walk-in basis especially in the off season.
Not only will a reservation ensure your preferred trip, you will also save $2.00 a person when you put a deposit down on your reservation. A deposit of 50% is required for all reservations. You can take advantage of the $2.00 per person savings up to the night before! Certain days and time periods get very busy. It is always best to call ahead and let us know the size of your group, what kind of boats you want and what time we can expect you.
When is the best time to go?
The diverse seasons our region offers are all truly unique. The Delaware River is an amazing place to be any time of the year and especially great in the spring, summer and fall. We operate April through October weather permitting. In the off season it is important to call ahead, as some river bases do not operate daily.
We are busiest on weekends and holidays including; Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Reservations are highly recommended for these dates.
The river height varies by season and the current weather. The Delaware River’s levels do not rely on dam releases. Call ahead for river conditions including height and temperature. We get updated information daily.
The Upper Delaware offers Class 1 & 2 rapids for rafting. You will paddle through some incredibly scenic areas and through some great sets of rapids including: Skinners Falls, Colang, Kunkeli, Cedar, Shohola, Staircase, Mongaup, Butlers Rift, Mill Rift and Eddy Farm.
What do I bring on a day trip?
Recommended items to bring on a canoe, raft or kayak trip:
- Small and Large Trash Bags for your litter…Leave No Trace!
- Plastic/ Waterproof/ Ziploc Bags…for personal items (we sell a variety of different sized dry bags at our river bases)
- Fishing pole & bait if desired (licenses are required and must be obtained individually)
- Camp chair (we sell a variety of chairs at some bases)
- Extra Batteries
- Chap Stick
- Cell Phone in a waterproof container
- Cooler with Food and Drink- NO GLASS containers (You may be fined in the park for having glass)
- Extra water for everyone- Stay hydrated!
- Ice- we sell bagged ice at most bases
- Hiking shoes
- River sneakers / Sandals with straps / Water shoes
- Extra dry socks
- Rain gear
- Bathing suit
- Sunglasses with straps
- Extra change of clothes
What else should I expect?
- There is limited cell phone reception in our area, especially at the river bases.
- There is limited 3G & 4G, so prepare your driving directions before hand.
- We recommend taking your cell phones on the river in waterproof containers. We sell a variety of waterproof bags and plastic containers.
- Obey local speed limits.
- To clean up after yourself, anything you bring with you, bring back!