DO I NEED TO WEAR A LIFE JACKET?
Life Jackets Save Lives – we strongly encourage all to wear a life jacket while boating and swimming from boats and at the river’s edge. We provide everyone with a life jacket.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY TRIP?
Before arriving, every one in your group should review and sign our river trip acknowledgement of risk, which will be emailed to the reservation holder upon booking online.
WHAT DOES THE PRICE INCLUDE?
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Cancellations: All river reservations may be canceled up to seven days prior to receive a refund of your deposit minus a $10.00/person cancellation fee.
Inclement Weather: In cases of inclement weather that will affect the safety of river trips, such as heavy rainfall or thunderstorms, a rain check will be issued. Rain checks are valid for up to 1 year after issue date.
IF I HAVE A RESERVATION, WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
DO I NEED A RESERVATION FOR A RIVER TRIP?
Not only will a reservation ensure your preferred trip, you will also save $5.00 a person when you book over 24 hours in advance. Certain days and time periods get very busy, so we highly recommend booking ahead of time either online or over the phone.
CAN I USE MY OWN BOAT?
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO GO?
We are busiest on weekends and holidays including; Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day. Reservations are highly recommended for these dates.
The river height varies by season and the current weather. The Delaware River’s levels do not rely on dam releases. Call ahead for river conditions including height and temperature, or check here.
The Upper Delaware offers Class 1 & 2 rapids for rafting. You will paddle through some incredibly scenic areas and through some great sets of rapids including: Skinners Falls, Colang, Kunkeli, Cedar, Shohola, Staircase, Mongaup, Butlers Rift, Mill Rift and Eddy Farm.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A WETSUIT?
WHAT AGE/WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS DO YOU HAVE?
Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult an any vessel.
Raft, Canoe, Kayak:
ARE THERE RESTROOMS ALONG THE RIVER?
No, there are no restrooms along the river. We recommend using the facilities at the base prior to launch.
CAN WE TAKE ANOTHER TRIP IF OUR TRIP GOES FASTER THAN EXPECTED?
WHAT SHOULD I BRING ON A DAY TRIP?
- Small and Large Trash Bags for your litter…Leave No Trace!
- Plastic/ Waterproof/ Ziploc Bags…for personal items (we sell a variety of different sized dry bags at our river bases)
- Fishing pole & bait if desired (licenses are required and must be obtained individually)
- Camp chair (we sell a variety of chairs at some bases)
- Extra Batteries
- Chap Stick
- Cell Phone in a waterproof container
- Cooler with Food and Drink- NO GLASS containers (You may be fined in the park for having glass)
- Extra water for everyone- Stay hydrated!
- Ice- we sell bagged ice at most bases
- Hiking shoes
- River sneakers / Sandals with straps / Water shoes
- Extra dry socks
- Rain gear
- Bathing suit
- Sunglasses with straps
- Extra change of clothes
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I EXPECT?
- There is limited cell phone reception in our area, especially at the river bases, so prepare your driving directions before hand.
- We recommend taking your cell phones on the river in waterproof containers. We sell a variety of waterproof bags and plastic containers.
- You must be back between 5-6 pm, so plan your day accordingly, arrive early and spend the entire day on the river!
- To clean up after yourself, anything you bring with you, bring back!