River Beach Campsites are located on the scenic Delaware River in the Poconos. This location consists of over 160 sites built on 18 acres of beautiful wooded grounds. Catering to both tent and recreational vehicles, this facility provides our guests with river trips, river islands to explore, waterfront tent camping, 2 superior modern bathhouses, an arcade, laundromat and a beautiful camp store where WIFI is available. Our retail store located on the campground, carries a variety of basic camping supplies, clothing and river trip gear as well as used canoes and kayaks.
Many attractions are within an easy drive from the campgrounds. Historic sites, fine restaurants & family eateries with outdoor dining, antique stores, art galleries, quaint country shops, nature trails and some of the most beautiful waterfalls are nearby for you to explore and enjoy. Hike in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area on the McDade Trail which has access points every .5 – 5.3 miles. The trail runs along the PA side of the Delaware River for 32 miles starting in Milford, about a 5 minute drive from the campground. The office can supply you with a hiking trail and waterfall listing with driving directions.
Main Camp RV – RV/Trailer site with water and 30 amp electric available. Short walk to camp store, bath house.
Main Camp Seasonal – Overlooks the Delaware River. RV/Trailer site with water and 30 amp electric available. Short walk to camp store, bath house.
Main Camp – Tent/Pop up sites with water, some sites available with electric. Short walk to camp store and bath house.
Main Camp Prime – These sites border Cummins Creek. Tent sites with shared water, short walk to camp store and bath house.
Main Camp Beach Prime – Tent sites located along the Delaware River, short walk to camp store and bath house.
Thirsty Deer – Tent sites located in a wooded area. Shared water stations throughout the campground. Short walk to bath house and river access.
Thirsty Deer Prime – Tent sites, situated on top of a high bank overlooking the Delaware River. These are not river view sites. Shared water stations throughout the campground. Short walking distance to bath house and river access.
Thirsty Deer Beach Prime – Tent site located on grassy beach adjacent to the Delaware River. Short walk across footbridge to river access, bath house and camp store.
Thirsty Deer Seasonal – RV/Trailer site with water and 30 amp electric available. Located in a wooded section overlooking the Delaware River. These are river view sites situated on top of a 30 foot bank. Short walk to bath house and river access.
Amenities for tent campers
Campsites will accommodate 4 to 12 people per site. You can choose between our prime tent sites (Delaware riverfront and on Cummins Creek) or a wooded area (set back from the river, a short walk to river’s edge). We provide all of our campsites with a fire ring and picnic table.
Amenities for RV campers
Pull through or back in sites that can be rented nightly, for extended stay or seasonally. All RV campsites are furnished with a fire ring, picnic table, water, electric and digital cable with dump stations conveniently located on the grounds.
***Must be 21 years of age or older, or be accompanied by an adult to camp at either of our campgrounds. At least 1 registered camper must be 21 or older and be on premises at all times, requires a credit card and ID card or driver’s license.
***Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the required Minor Release Form for them, granting permission to camp at Kittatinny. If visiting River Beach without your parent or guardian, print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival. Have your group leader who is over 21, present completed waivers at time of check in.
***All adult release forms for camping will be filled out at time of check in.
* Holiday Periods
- Require 3 night minimum stay and reserving an activity. Campers will be required to book at least 1 activity for 80% of the group when campsites are reserved. Activity options include; river trips, dual racing zipline rides or paintball games. A deposit of 50% of the total camping stay is due at time of booking. All campsites and activities must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to your arrival.
* All Prime Sites
- Require reserving an activity. Campers will be required to book at least 1 activity for 80% of the group when prime sites are reserved. Activity options include; river trips, dual racing zipline rides or paintball games. A deposit of 50% of the total camping stay is due at time of booking. Activities must be paid in full prior to checking-in to your prime campsite.
|2016 Daily Camping Rates|
|Per Site, Per Night||$11|
|Additional Per Prime Site (activity required)||$7|
|Per Person, Per Night||$15|
|Visitors||$8 daily / 15 nightly|
|CHILDREN UNDER 6 CAMP FREE!!|
|2016 Daily Recreational Vehicle Rate|
|Discounted RV Rate||$32 nightly for up to 4 people|
River Beach Campsites
378 Route 6 & 209, PO Box 382
Milford, PA 18337
800.356.2852 or 570.296.6030
- We have a well stocked camp store at River Beach, where you can purchase camping essentials, last minute items, snack foods, river trip gear, firewood and ice. Stocked items include: fire starters, grills, charcoal, lighter fluid, tarps, rope, batteries, flashlights, bug repellant and men’s and women’s apparel
- You should be prepared to bring all your own camping gear including: tent, sleeping bags and chairs. We do not rent camping equipment. Check out the What to Bring Camping Section.
- All campsites include picnic tables and fire rings.
- Campsites with electric are available to you at no additional charge, but are limited throughout both campgrounds. Please call in advance to make reservations if you require electric.
- Do not bring firewood from out of state. Transporting firewood is illegal and you may aid in the spreading of invasive species. We sell firewood by the bundle.
- Check In begins at 2pm, Check Out is by 1pm
- Glass bottles, glass and hard liquor is not allowed.
- Fireworks of any kind, illegal drug and excessive use of alcohol will not be tolerated and will result in eviction without refund.
- Quiet hours are from 11pm to 6am- All audio devices must be off between these hours. Excessive noise or rowdiness will result in eviction without refund.
- Campfires must be kept small and kept within the fire ring only.
- Visitors are welcome, they must register at the office during business hours or with security after hours. Visitors are charged per day and/or per night.
- Visitors and extra vehicles must be registered at the office or with security.
- All campers (and visitors) must wear an issued wrist band, all vehicles must display a car pass in the windshield.
- Campground Speed Limit is 5 mph.
- One pet per campsite is allowed, must be leashed, attended to at all times and must be cleaned up after.
- Damages to trees, shrubs, or other property is strictly prohibited. Do not nail, cut or carve trees or shrubs.
- Let’s keep it nice for others! (Fines up to $400 per tree for any damage)
- 1 vehicle per campsite (additional parking is available near office)
- Swimming is at your own risk. Life vests must be worn at all times.
- Campers taking river trips with us on the day of departure from their campsite are welcome to use the facilities before and after their trip, however, campsites must be vacated before going on the river.