CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT TIMES
First things first – make sure you are aware of what time check-in and check-out is! At Kittatinny, it’s easy! Check-in and check-out times are the same whether you’re staying at a campsite or cabin.
CABINS & CAMPSITES – Check-In/Out: 2pm/11am
Don’t worry if you can’t arrive to our campground until late evening to check-in – our team is flexible and is here to help! If you know that you won’t be able to arrive until after our Camp Store closes, give us a call at (800) 356-2852 and we will make arrangements with you. We want your first camping experience to be as simple as possible!
Wondering what to bring for camping in a cabin, tent, or RV? You’ve probably already made a list of common items to pack like clothing, swimsuits, sunscreen, and snacks – but odds are, there may be some items that you wish you would have thought of bringing but forgot to pack. Lucky for you, we made a short list of these items you may be forgetting that would be a good idea to bring no matter if you’re camping in a cabin, tent, or in the comforts of your own RV:
- Marshmallow/Hot Dog Roasting Forks: It’s always a good idea to bring a few roasting forks for those family campfire nights!
- Water Bottles: Save the planet (and your wallet) by bringing a reusable water bottle. Especially if you’re enjoying one of our river trips, it’s important to stay hydrated!
- Bug Spray: What’s a camping trip without the great outdoors? Don’t forget to bring some bug spray – you’ll want this nearby when making s’mores around the campfire!
- Raincoat/Umbrella: The weather can be unpredictable – be sure to add a raincoat and/or an umbrella to your camping checklist!
- Camping Chairs: Get comfy around your site with family and friends by bringing enough camping chairs for all. Or, bring some blankets to lay on!
CAMPING WITH PETS
Don’t leave your furry friend at home! Bring them with you when you stay in a pet-friendly cabin or campsite at our campgrounds! It’s also important to note that owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets, so be sure to bring plenty of doggie bags. We also require that you do not leave your pets unattended at your cabin or campsite – besides, they want to join in on the fun! Enjoy a hike or even bring them along on a river trip. Dogs are allowed on rafts, canoes, and kayaks, so long as they are wearing a life jacket and have their nails trimmed. Don’t forget the pet food and lots of treats! Check out our recent blog for more tips on pet-friendly camping!
LOCKING IN YOUR SITE – WHAT IT MEANS AND WHY YOU MAY WANT TO DO IT
You may have heard of the term “locking in” your cabin or campsite – but what does that really mean? If you lock in your site, you are guaranteed the specific site number that you booked. For example, if you book cabin #12 and lock it in during check-out, you will be given cabin #12 during your stay. On the other hand, if you select cabin #12 but do not lock it in, you will be given the same cabin type, but may be placed in a different cabin number. As a good rule of thumb, this is when you should or should not lock in your site:
- When to lock in:
- You are camping with a group of people and want to be next to each other.
- You love the location of a specific site number and don’t want to be anywhere else.
- When to not lock in:
- You don’t care where you’re located, just that you are in the same site type.
One of the main perks about a camping trip is camping meals around the campfire! We rounded up our favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert camping recipes that you must try during your getaway.
- Breakfast: Start your morning out right with Camping Breakfast Sandwiches! This camping recipe is ridiculously easy and full of protein. All you need is a cast iron skillet, english muffins, eggs, cheese, and meat of your choice. Yum!
- Lunch: Everyone loves a good no bake/cook camping meal! Enjoy one of these Fruit and Nut Peanut Butter Stuffed Tortillas on the go or while relaxing. Pack some tortillas, peanut butter, ripe bananas, and a variety of dried fruits and nuts. Put it all together and you have the perfect camping meal everyone will love.
- Dinner: This Campfire Pizza recipe is a must have and is so easy to customize for picky eaters! This camping recipe requires pizza crust, pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings. Talk about easy and delicious!
- Dessert: These Campfire Cones will make your taste buds very happy! With just a few simple ingredients (waffle cones, marshmallows, fruit, and other toppings of your choice), this camping recipe is sure to be a crowd favorite.
While part of the joy of a camping getaway is getting to relax, it’s also a time to explore the great outdoors! At Kittatinny, we make it easy to plan some of the best camping activities, because we have them right on-site. Experience the beauty of the Catskills with a birds-eye view by taking a trip down our dual-racing zipline. Or traverse the winding pathways of the Delaware by enjoying a river trip – we have 4 different boat options and 8 different routes. So no matter your experience level, there’s a trip just right for you and your group.
You may be feeling overwhelmed with information, but there’s no need to worry. We’ve created a new tool this year called our Guest Dashboard that you can access both before and during your stay that’s great for both first time campers and those that have stayed with us time and time again! The Guest Dashboard lists out everything from hours of operation, river trip information, the campground map, and so much more. Check out our new Guest Dashboards for K-Camp and River Beach. Keep an eye out for them in your upcoming stay emails this season. Also, keep in mind that you will enjoy a truly “unplugged” vacation, as service is very limited. Make sure you keep important information like direction, contact info, and instructions saved to your phone for easy access!
We hope this list helps our first time campers feel more prepared and comfortable leading up to their camping getaway. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our reservations team. Until then, we look forward to seeing you soon!