Offering 350 campsites on 250 acres in both beautiful wooded and open grass settings. Kittatinny Campgrounds, located in Barryville, New York, is the premier campground along the scenic upper Delaware River in the Catskill Mountains offering prime (Delaware River front and Beaver Brook) or wooded sites. A beautiful trout stream winding through an enchanted forest of hemlock and oak provides inviting brookside camping in addition to our open, grass-covered sites bordering the Delaware River. Join us around the warm glow of a campfire for an evening under the stars after a day of relaxed fishing or exciting whitewater rafting.
Conveniently located next to our Adventure Center where you can sign up to zip on the dual racing ziplines, raft, canoe, kayak or play paintball. Swim in the freshly painted in ground pool! Large group sites are available. Bald Eagles are abundant in this area and there are even designated eagle watching spots along the Upper Delaware River. The Pocono Lake Wallenpaupack Region & Historic Bethel Woods Center for the Arts are both a 20 minute drive from the campground.
Main Camp 100’s – These sites have water and electric available. Grassy sites located near a wooded area. Short walk to the camp store and pool. Available for tent or RV camping.
Beaver Run 200’s -These sites have water and electric available. They are located in a wooded area and are a short walk to the bath house and playground area. Available for small pop up camper or tent camping
Beaver Run 200’s Prime – These sites have water and electric available. Wooded sites located along the stream. Short walk to bath house and playground. Available for small pop up camper or tent camping.
Hemlock Point 300’s Prime – These sites have water available, they are located on the stream a short walk from the bath house. They are available for tent camping.
Hemlock Point 300’s – These sites have water and electric. Grassy and flat sites, located in a wooded setting. Short walk to bath house. Available for small popup RV or tent camping.
Trout Terrace 400’s Prime – Wooded sites located along the stream, Short drive or walk to bath house. Portable toilets located nearby. Available for tent camping.
Bear Cave 400’s – Wooded sites. Located near abandoned bear cave. Short drive or walk to bath house. Available for tent camping.
Secluded Summit 400’s – Wooded sites. Short drive or long walk to bath house. Portable toilets located nearby. Available for tent camping.
Chadd’s Bluff 500’s – Secluded sites in a heavily wooded area. Short walk to bath house. Available for tent camping.
Woodlands 600’s – Heavily wooded sites. Portable toilets located nearby. Available for tent camping.
Pine Grove 700’s – Large group sites. Flat, grassy, open site surrounded by trees. Located just 1/4 mile down the road from main camp. Portable Toilets are available in this area. You will have to drive to the main camp to use other facilities. Available for tent camping.
Riverside 800’s Prime – Semi-wooded, sandy sites. Beautiful views of the Delaware River. Located just 1/4 mile down the road from our main camp. Portable toilets are available. You will have to drive to main camp to use all other facilities. Available for tent camping.
Luke’s Landing 900’s – These sites have water available. Grass covered, open sites. Surrounding area slightly wooded. Short walk to River. Portable toilets in area. Located just across the street from our main camp and facilities. Available for tent camping.
Luke’s Landing 900’s Prime – These sites have water available. Grassy sites located along the riverbank. -Beautiful views of Delaware River. Portable toilets in area. Located right across the street from main camp and all other facilities. Available for tent camping.
Grasslands 900’s – Grassy, semi-secluded sites. Portable toilets in area. Located right across the street from main camp and all other facilities. Available for tent camping.
Mountainside 1000’s Prime – Wooded site. Spacious site located at the bottom of the mountain side. Portable toilets in area. Available for tent camping. Located along the stream.
Mountainside 1000’s – Wooded sites, many sites have views of the stream. Portable toilets in area. Short walk across the foot bridge to bath house and play ground. Available for tent camping.
Minisink Base 1200’s – Flat, grassy sites surrounded by trees. Located 3 miles from main camp. Beautiful views of Delaware River. Just footsteps away from river’s edge. Portable toilets in area. Available for tent camping.
Minisink Base 1200’s Prime – Flat, grassy sites surrounded by trees. Located 3 miles from main camp. Beautiful views of Delaware River. Just footsteps away from river’s edge. Portable toilets in area. Available for tent camping.
Campsites will accommodate from 4-30 people.
Larger group sites available, call for details.
Stocked trout stream, pavilion, arcade, volleyball and badminton courts, horseshoes, swimming pool, hiking trail, laundry room, bathhouses with hot showers, a well stocked camp store with firewood, deli and grill.
Bring your pole for the trout stream. We cater BBQ’s, birthday parties, and special events in the pavilion. We have pre-made river trip lunches available…call for details.
***Must be 21 years of age or older, or be accompanied by an adult to camp at either of our campgrounds. At least 1 registered camper must be 21 or older and be on premises at all times, requires a credit card and ID card or driver’s license.
***Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the required Minor Release Form for them, granting permission to camp at Kittatinny. If visiting Kittatinny without your parent or guardian, print the form and have it filled out prior to arrival. Have your group leader who is over 21, present completed waivers at time of check in.
***All adult release forms for camping will be filled out at time of check-in.
* Holiday Periods
- Require 3 night minimum stay and reserving an activity. Campers will be required to book at least 1 activity for 80% of the group when campsites are reserved. Activity options include; river trips, dual racing zipline rides or paintball games. A deposit of 50% of the total camping stay is due at time of booking. All campsites and activities must be paid in full 2 weeks prior to your arrival.
* All Prime Sites
- Require reserving an activity. Campers will be required to book at least 1 activity for 80% of the group when prime sites are reserved. Activity options include; river trips, dual racing zipline rides or paintball games. A deposit of 50% of the total camping stay is due at time of booking. Activities must be paid in full prior to checking-in to your prime campsite.
|2015 Daily Camping Rates|
|Per Site, Per Night||$11|
|Additional Per Prime Site (activity required)||$7|
|Per Person, Per Night||$15|
|Visitors||$8/daily & 15/nightly|
|CHILDREN UNDER 6 CAMP FREE!!|
3854 State Route 97, PO Box 275
Barryville, NY 12719
800.356.2852 or 845.557.8611
- We have a well stocked camp store at Kittatinny, where you can purchase camping essentials, last minute items, snack foods, firewood and ice. Stocked items include: fire starters, grills, charcoal, lighter fluid, tarps, rope, batteries, flashlights, bug repellant and men’s and women’s apparel
- You should be prepared to bring all your own camping gear including: tent, sleeping bags and chairs. We do not rent camping equipment. Check out the What to Bring Camping Section.
- All campsites include picnic tables and fire rings.
- If you require electric hook up on your tent site, please call in advance to make that request. Campsites with electric are limited, and are available to you at no additional charge.
- Do not bring firewood from out of state. Transporting firewood is illegal and you may aid in the spreading of invasive species. We sell firewood by the bundle.
- Check In begins at 2pm, Check Out is by 1pm
- Glass bottles, glass and hard liquor is not allowed.
- Fireworks of any kind, illegal drugs and excessive use of alcohol will not be tolerated and will result in eviction without refund.
- Quiet hours are from 11pm to 6am- All audio devices must be off between these hours. Excessive noise or rowdiness will result in eviction without refund.
- Campfires must be kept small and kept within the fire ring only.
- Visitors are welcome, they must register at the office during business hours, or with security after hours. Visitors are charged per day and/or per night.
- Visitors and extra vehicles must be registered at the office or with security.
- All campers (and visitors) must wear an issued wrist band, all vehicles must display a car pass in the windshield.
- Campground Speed Limit is 5 mph.
- One pet per campsite is allowed, must be leashed, attended to at all times and must be cleaned up after.
- Damages to trees, shrubs, or other property is strictly prohibited. Do not nail, cut or carve trees or shrubs.
- Let’s keep it nice for others! (Fines up to $400 per tree for any damage)
- 1 vehicle per campsite (additional parking is available near office)
- Swimming is at your own risk. Life vests must be worn at all times.
- Campers taking river trips with us on the day of departure from their campsite are welcome to use the facilities before and after their trip, however, campsites must be vacated before going on the river.